WHY WR? WithersRavenel is looking for people who are passionate about collaboration, community, and client success. Your reward for sharing your talent with us? OWNERSHIP. As a 100% employee-owned company, every employee is an owner—which adds a powerful and unique dimension to our vibrant company culture and purposeful work. Our employee owners say they love a lot of things about WithersRavenel, but the things most often cited are our amazing people and team-first atmosphere, our focus on their professional development and growth, and our commitment to the communities in which we work and live.
Bring your talent and collaborative spirit and join our team of employee owners at WithersRavenel!
The SUE Technician I assist the SUE Crew Chief with locating sub-surface utilities using Electromagnetic (EM) and Ground Penetrating Radars (GPR). This individual is responsible for contributing towards a positive and collaborative working environment with other technicians and crew chiefs.
The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of Sub-Surface Utility Engineering (SUE) and Electromagnetic (EM) and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) equipment. Experience with EM and GPR, would be preferred. Candidates should have a minimum of a High School Diploma.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with Crew Chief and Field Project Manager to ensure expectations and project tasks are met.
- Perform Sub-Surface Utility Engineering services for both internal and external clients as directed.
- Ensure that project tasks and data collection are completed with high quality, accuracy, and thoroughness to meet regulatory requirements of the company and client
- Operate equipment with safety and quality practices to maintain a safe work environment
- Prepare company vehicle daily for field tasks with proper equipment and maintain a clean and organized vehicle.
- Adhere to our core values of integrity, respect, quality, community, and sustainability
- Operation of a company vehicle to travel to and from job sites.
- Flexibility to travel and stay overnight for certain out of town work (15-25% travel requirement)
- Familiarity with utility locating and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General understanding of utility infrastructures
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to make accurate and informed decisions
- Process oriented
- Strong technical skills and a good sense of direction
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of an MVR driving records check
The work is performed outdoors in such areas as landfills, construction sites, in swamps, residential neighborhoods, roadway work zones and wooded areas.
To perform the essential functions of the job, incumbents may be required to perform moderately strenuous tasks, such as lifting and carrying instruments weighing up to 50 pounds over rough terrain. Incumbents may also be required to clear vegetation, dig holes, and drive stakes with hand tools.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.