At Akeso, our Physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare costs, while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee productivity. To accomplish these goals, Akeso Medical is outcome focused and provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
As a Medical Assistant, you will contribute to the patient experience from start to finish. This role demands multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Your role will be to help with patient flow during the day and communicate instructions to patients.
If you have the ability to represent the highest quality of care in all aspects of patient engagement, and a willingness to demonstrate a very caring and respectful demeanor we want to hear from you. The ideal Medical assistant will reflect our mission of offering highly personalized, compassionate care and be excited by the opportunity to learn and grow with the Practice. Candidate should also be able to demonstrate a positive attitude, strong communication and computer skills.
As a Medical Assistant you will:
· Triage and answer phone calls.
· Review patient medical record to ensure that all needed test results, forms, and reports are available to physician/provider.
· Room patients and collect vitals.
· Interview patients to obtain medical information.
· Perform injections, dispense medications, DME and other requests from providers.
· Responsible for transfer of patient care.
· Maintain clean and stocked exam rooms.
· Always ensure HIPPA compliance.
· Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions and OSHA.
· Review patient medical record to assure that all needed test results, forms, and reports are available to physician/provider.
· Ensure claim numbers are updated and accurate.
· Complete appointment reminders.
· Create cancellation letters and email to employer.
· Reschedule cancellations and missed appointments.
· Verify diagnosis codes on work status forms.
· Job duties may change to meet clinic needs.
· Complete any and all other job duties as requested by management.
1. Excellent communication skills and accurate data entry
2. Detail oriented
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Collaboration skills
5. Ethical conduct
• Certified Medical Assistant required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant required, preferable experience in Workers’ Comp.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of basic office equipment such as scanners, electronic faxing, iPad, copy machines, etc.
• CPR and AED Certified.
• Experience in Worker’s Comp
All Akeso Occupational Health employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain medical, disability, and religious exemptions.
· Sick Leave
· Rate: $16/hour - $20/hour DOE
This position is a Per Diem position
Akeso Occupational Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.