Purpose: To assist the Facilities Manager in the day-to-day upkeep of Meow Wolf properties, ensuring they meet safety and health standards, and legal requirements.
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Compensation: This is a non-exempt position. The rate for this position is $20.00/ hour.
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The condition of Meow Wolf’s work premises as well as the safety and security of our employees falls under the responsibility of the Facilities team. The Facilities Assistant will work in a fast-paced, creative environment in a valuable support role under the Facilities Manager.
As Facilities Assistant, your main responsibilities will include overseeing building operations, identifying issues of concern, providing solutions, troubleshooting appliances and building systems, conducting basic repairs, handling preventative maintenance tasks, and guaranteeing the integrity of exterior premises. You will be instrumental in ensuring the functionality, stability, safety, and efficiency of Meow Wolf’s production facilities and corporate buildings.
As a key member of the Facilities team, you will promote and maintain an optimal work environment.
How you will do it…
- Interface with stakeholders and help organize and prioritize the health and safety of not only our facilities but our employees and artists by working closely with our Safety Officer to adhere to all safety standards and OSHA work force and building regulations.
- Assist in tracking the duty cycle maintenance of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, security, and fire/ life safety.
- Manage company utilities accounts and ensure efficient use of the building system’s heating and cooling schedules, water usage, electrical, etc.
- Manage inventory supply ordering as directed by the Facilities Manager and Director of Corporate Facilities.
- Repair and treat building components such as floors, sinks, walls, windows, carpet, locks and drains.
- Support and cover for custodial staff as needed.
- Under the leadership of the Facilities Manager, oversee contractors working on facility projects and delivery of services.
- Provide budget coordination support as requested.
- Take on additional projects as directed by the Director of Corporate Facilities and Logistics and the Facilities Manager.
To be successful in this role…
- You can work collaboratively with internal teams and communicate effectively with outside vendors and contractors
- You are able to adapt and thrive in whatever situation you find yourself and in handling sensitive tasks
- You hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- You are experienced in operating a forklift and other heavy equipment
- You must pass OSHA 10 which addresses workplace safety hazards.
- You are a self-starter and highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
It would be nice to have…
- 2-5 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations.
- General maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Familiarity with shop tools/ equipment including protective gear and eyewear, and experience in maintenance or in a skilled trade such as roofing, carpentry, landscaping or plumbing.
Essential tools to set you up for success…
- You will use Google Suite, Airtable and the internal Facilities App to update and maintain records and files of service contracts and track and support in the implementation of facilities work, major upgrades or repairs, service calls, and work requests as directed by the Facilities Manager and Director of Corporate Facilities.
Work environment & physical demands…
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Will require operation of a company vehicle to transport assets from shop to storage or to tertiary buildings and office locations.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Primarily works in a fabrication facility where loud noises, such as welding, metal grinding, hammering, sound effects, and woodworking are present. Work area is adjacent to project testing for various light and sound effects and sound testing.
- Will require outdoor work and in inclement weather.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will get to know Meow Wolf by…
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and protocols.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Meow Wolf’s Immersiversity©.
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s purpose and corporate policies and training.
- A creative and dedicated person who is passionate about delivering consistent excellence?
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating outstanding time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new software and web-based tools?
- Creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN THE MEOW WOLF FAMILY
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
· Respect for Creative Communities
· Respect for Collaborating Artists
· Respect for our Environment
· Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.