Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle sellers of every type and size.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle. We constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Impel has multiple opportunities for full stack software engineers. Positions are open in our NYC and Tbilisi, Georgia offices. Openings include:
- Entry-level engineer
- Mid/senior-level engineer with 3+ years of experience
- Back-end API engineer for our mobile team
As a full stack engineer, you’ll work on front- and back-end code to produce scalable software solutions. You'll be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the complete software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Essential Functions of the Job
Work in an agile environment to design, develop, test and deploy software. Collaborate with development teams and product managers.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related field
- At least one prior position or internship as a software engineer
- Knowledge of front-end debugging with browser developer tools
- Comfortable with the Linux command line and Git
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Ability to share a code sample and give a walkthrough
Additional requirements for the mid/senior-level role:
- At least three years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Knowledge of UI/UX design
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, AWS DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of web services, API, and REST
- Knowledge of AWS services (e.g., Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, EC2, S3)