Department: Museum Visitor Experience/Operations
Schedule: Wednesday – Sunday
Reports to: Retail Manager and Associate Director
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
This position supports the museum’s retail, admissions and café operations with the following duties: Visitor Experience Coordinator is a key holder who assists with maintaining schedules including breaks, providing excellent visitor service, solving visitor issues, training PT staff on POS systems, reordering merchandise, managing and processing online orders, managing promotional activities, adhering to organization policies, and reporting to supervisors.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Keyholder– Oversees the opening and closing procedures for the museum, café and retail shop.
- Ensure excellent visitor experience is upheld throughout visit.
- Coordinate order processing, fulfillment and shipping for ecommerce sales. Online customer service.
- Respond to online customer queries online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trains staff on registers and Lightspeed point of sale system.
- Works with retail manager on placing product reorders and makes sure retail shelves are stocked, properly displayed and correctly labeled.
- Receiving and pricing of inventory for retail.
- Drives sales through engagement of visitors, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Manages day to day financial closing and opening of retail registers and resolves any discrepancies ensuring accuracy in cash till paperwork.
- Assists with annual inventory counts.
Admissions and Café
- Train admissions and staff on ACME/Lightspeed point of sale software.
- Places café product reorders as well as receiving and pricing of inventory for café.
- Admission and café areas are tidy and supplied.
- Processes membership sales, refunds, and scheduled groups.
- Oversee audio/video each day in exhibition space alerting curatorial with any issues.
- Manages day to day financial closing and opening of admission and café registers and resolves any discrepancies ensuring accuracy in cash till paperwork.
- Alerts management of potential security or staffing issues.
This position assists in supervising the Visitor Experience staff including:
- Scheduling staff
- Delegating tasks
- Reviewing payroll time cards.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Education Requirement: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience Requirement: 0-1 year of retail experience desired
- Specialized Knowledge, Licenses or Certifications required: Experience with Outlook, Excel and Word
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- 0-1 year of retail experience desired
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses or Certifications required:
- Experience with Outlook, Excel and Word
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- This position requires an individual to be able to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Meeting sales goals
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Strong verbal and listening communication
- Job knowledge
- Ability to multitask
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination Required