Under the supervision of the Director of Engineering and following the specifically defined policies and procedures of Springfield Hospital, the Maintenance Generalist:
- Is responsible for operations, maintenance, and repair of a variety of building utility systems, building infrastructure, interiors, buildings and grounds, landscaping, and non-medical equipment in compliance with the applicable CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance of critical and non-critical systems, equipment, and components.
- Develops preventive maintenance programs for new equipment based upon manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Coordinates with vendors/contractors for projects and maintenance as required.
- Participates in hospital and departmental safety programs, education opportunities, and related training.
- 4 years of general maintenance experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Commercial construction experience (preferred)
- Health care experience (preferred)
- Locksmithing (preferred)
- Training/certification in construction technology, facility maintenance, carpentry or other related field desired.
- Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker or ability to obtain within six months of hire
Position requires rotating on-call responsibilities.
*Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 virus and provide required vaccination documentation unless approved for an exemption prior to starting employment.*