Would you like a chance to work at one of the most well-branded companies in western Pennsylvania? Edgar Snyder & Associates, a law firm helping injury victims, is looking for a writing intern to be an integral part of the firm's marketing team. This is a great way to build up your resume, experience, and portfolio. The internship will offer much more than just fictional class projects— you'll see your work published.
This is a flexible, on-location position in our downtown Pittsburgh office during the summer months. We are seeking an intern to work three days a week, with the opportunity for more days as work allows.
This is a writing-intensive internship: a cover letter and previous writing sample is required as part of your application, and you will complete a writing test before your interview. This internship is best suited to an undergraduate student majoring in writing, marketing, communications, English, literature, media, journalism, or a related field. Previous writing or marketing experience is a plus, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist members of the marketing department with various tasks, including:
• Writing and revising web content per SEO best practices
• Writing and publishing of other content such as web bios, e-newsletters, press releases, and other articles
• Basic website assistance and support
• Audit and update online web profiles and listings
• Database maintenance and development
• Social media research
• Various administrative duties
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Research skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proficient in Word and Excel
• Some HTML knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of SEO a plus
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter – a plus