BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation based in Boston, MA on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people looking for individuals to help us build the right team to support us in meeting our goals.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has opening for a Strategy Co-Op for Fall 2019 who will report to the Managing Director of Innovation and New Markets.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and execute research on solar, energy storage, financial investment, and related ecosystems
• Use desktop and third-party research reports to analyze market sizes, forecasts, trends, and competitive landscapes
• Conduct a mix of online and live research (via phone / video)
• Expand on market available information and help assemble insights to inform business decisions for BlueWave business lines
• Validate addressable market data, map the market landscape and help with the preparation of business case assessments and prioritization
• Other duties for which the candidate is qualified.
• Assist in training of co-ops and help manage workflow as needed
• Candidate for BS/BA in Engineering, Business, Environmental Science, Urban Planning, or a field of study that involves structuring and organizing approaches to complex situations;
• Ability to compile and analyze information from multiple sources, with ability to think creatively about how to find the necessary information
• Strong analytical skills and ability to document and effectively communicate results and conclusions from research and analysis
• Experience with Microsoft Office, and ideally with business and financial analysis in Excel, familiarity with Salesforce is preferred but not required;
• Previous experience, preferably at least one co-op, working in a related discipline (business analysis, design, construction, real estate or energy development);
• Professional demeanor and sound presentation skills, with the ability to deliver organized and complete reports;
• Strong organization and interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate effectively with team members across BlueWave, and externally as needed;
• Energetic and able to self-start in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, with a strong interest in learning about solar PV and the broader energy ecosystem