Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate Team Members.
What You’ll Do:
You will have a hand at engineering the embedded systems for the next generation of our smart pet products. You will be technically involved in firmware architecture, design and development for existing and future products. This position plays a vital role in supporting the life cycle of an entire range of products right from its inception to the final implementation of the software application.
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS in Engineering
- 2+ years of Embedded Systems Experience
- Understanding of:
- Embedded systems at a low-level
- Low-Level Hardware (discreet inexpensive sensors)
- Low-Level Software (bare metal on low cost MCU, CPU registers etc.)
- Digital and analog components and circuits
- PWM motor and LED control
- Networks (UART, I2C, SPI, BLE, WiFi)
- Bootloader usage and design
- JTAG / ICE
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded FreeRTOS
- Experience with power supplies, meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with soldering and basic electronic hand tools
- Experience with defining and running product testing
- Experience with source control tools (IE: BitBucket)
- Experience with C and C++ programming
- Experience with successfully taking products to market
- Thrives working independently or in a team environment
Benefits & Perks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.