Embedded Hardware design engineer with analog, RF and digital design experience for commercial, scientific, aeronautic, military and space products.
- Understand hard/software mixed signal circuit designs and their interactions.
- Hands-on experience with emulators and processor controls
- Develop, verify, release and implement logic blocks and FPGA/CPLD designs
- Develop and implement embedded firmware on ARM Cortex microcontrollers.
- Sound understanding of object-oriented design and programming
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Produce test and validation procedures and documentation.
- Develop test software for Wenzel products using C/C++ or other as appropriate.
- Support development activities as assigned. Properly document electrical designs and test methods.
- Conduct and participate in design specification reviews and code reviews.
- Establish and maintain thorough and accurate engineering logbooks, data sets, test procedures.
- Adhere to formal documentation practices required for Wenzel products.
- Identify quality problems and engage in root cause analysis to prevent future occurrences.
- Understand communications protocols and physical interfaces used in customer equipment.
- Develop software test interfaces for customer equipment.
- Perform electronic circuit and system design and analysis pertaining to frequency generation and control.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing and quality disciplines as part of an engineering organization providing support with test sets, design tools, methods and approaches.
- Participate in product development, engineering process improvement and working with customers on proposal preparation and integration issues.
- Act in a mentor capacity to help direct activities of technicians, if required.
- Responsible for the design, development, evaluation, and integration of embedded systems programming. Be able to perform system modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Prepare software documentation, test procedures, instruction manuals, and related information.
- Work with customers to define and clarify system requirements.
- Train operators in the use of custom test equipment, when required.
Bachelor’s degree in EE or Computer Science.
2-5 years’ experience in Software/Firmware Test Development.
Digital design skills: Design and simulation of digital logic systems. Experience in debug and analysis of complex logic circuits. Embedded processor and FPGA experience.
Analog design skills: Experience with low-noise linear and RF design.
Skill with PWB layout, packaging, etc. a plus.
Software: VHDL programming for FPGA’s and specific experience with Xilinx, Lattice and Actel FPGA’s a plus.
Experience with C, C++, and Assembler languages preferred.
Experience with MSP430, Atmel, Microchip, or similar family of processors
Knowledge of National Instruments LabVIEW GOOP programming and Actor Framework a plus.
Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, OrCAD, PSpice, design tools for simulation of analog/digital circuits.
Test: Familiarity with test equipment such as scopes, analyzers.
Good organizational and presentation skills.
Technical Capacity Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Corrective lens eyewear to achieve the necessary vision is acceptable.
EEO / Vet / W / Dis