Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
Whisker has experienced unprecedented growth since 2015, growing from 25 employees to 350+ full time. Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin, as well as remotely.
Whisker is seeking a product and user-obsessed technical software leader who will lead the product roadmap and development of our IoT products (software and embedded systems) and its teams.
As the incoming VP, you will lead the continued development of our current products in market, the launch of our upcoming new products, the overall strategy & roadmap for WhiskerConnect, WhiskerHealth, and other digital products, and lead hiring and recruiting for the growing department (15, going to 30+ in 2022). You will partner with and have the support of our talented Senior Technical Director who joined as a team of 1, and helped us grow to the current 15+.
You will join a leadership team that provides empowerment to their employees and fosters an environment that supports forward career mobility. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, thrive in ambiguity, are able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. This is an opportunity to bring state-of-the-art technology to life and into the hands of pet parents worldwide.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s in Computer Science
- 10+ years experience as a Software Engineering Manager/Director/VP
- 10+ years of development experience with at least 5 years in cloud environments working with SQL, Python, Java, and REST APIs
- 7+ years leading multiple Agile teams and programs with expert understanding of Agile and Lean principles
- Strong knowledge of the AWS IoT stack in the context of large-scale IoT product deployments
- Experience with Flutter (or other comparable framework) for mobile app design, development and support
- Proven ability to manage multiple product lines and meet aggressive release schedules
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Experience managing teams of 30-100 people
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
Benefits & Perks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with::
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.