Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate Team Members.
What You’ll Do:
You will guide and mentor the existing and new team members in our Firmware department. You will utilize your experience in embedded systems to stay close to the technology as a hands-on leader. You will be responsible for ongoing embedded software running across multiple networked processors within Whisker robotic products. You and the team will be deep in embedded software development, digital and analog circuit design, signal analysis, i2c and serial communication, bootloader design, failsafe reflashing, and circuit prototyping.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field and/or equivalent years of experience
- Proven ability to build prototype electrical circuits
- Proficient in embedded C and C++ programming
- Proficient in developing RTOS and IVT based systems
- Practical knowledge of Bluetooth / BLE communication
- Practical knowledge of WiFi communication
- Practical knowledge of ICE equipment
- Practical knowledge of PIC programming
- Practical knowledge of embedded PWM, i2c, i2s, Power management
- Ability to use cloud based source code repositories
- Ability to use JIRA and Confluence software
Benefits & Perks :
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.