Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The Vancouver Housing Authority is seeking an experienced HUD Compliance Specialist that is responsible for oversight of all properties assigned to the VHA property management portfolio. The HUD Compliance Specialist ensures that properties are operated in accordance with VHA objectives and HUD regulatory requirements. This position is responsible for tracking all HUD regulations related to Multifamily, Section 202, Section 811, public housing, and Low Income Housing Tax Credits and ensuring VHA policies and practices are in compliance.
What you'll do
- Manage reporting and compliance related to HUD regulations as stated in the HUD 4350.3 with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, re-certification, EIV, MOR, and REAC inspections.
- Prepare, in coordination with Finance and Asset Management, annual documentation and requests to HUD for contract renewals and rent increases, including utility allowance analyses; capital needs and replacement reserve analyses; HUD budget forms and required tenant notifications.
- Review all tenant files for Low Income Housing Tax Credit Certifications, Recertifications and Self Certifications to ensure accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
- Review all tenant files for HUD Multifamily and Public Housing Annual Certifications and Recertifications to ensure accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
- Review property manager policy, procedures, and documents and update as needed to ensure ongoing compliance with LIHTC and HUD Multifamily and Public Housing regulations.
- Assure that resident selection, leasing, and waiting lists are in compliance with all laws. Assure that the policies are correct for each program as set by HUD. Establish and implement a standardized tenant screening process and a tenant appeals process for VHA-managed properties.
- Review and approve/deny Reasonable Accommodations, Transfers and other special requests from tenants for VHA-managed properties.
- Coordinate staff training related to Low Income Housing Tax Credits as stated in Section 42 and HUD regulations as stated in the HUD 4350.3 with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, re-certification, EIV, MOR, and REAC inspections.
- Coordinate with IT on property data and reports in Elite, and with Asset Management on reporting in WBARs.
- Keep Director of Property and Asset Management informed by regular written reports and ad hoc meetings.
- Consistently comply with position and department safety and attendance standards.
- Establish and maintains positive, productive relationships with all employees, residents, vendors, and other work related contacts. Reflect the VHA’s commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
What we offer
- Starting pay rate is $63,516.00 - $70,000.00 per year based on experience.
- Full-time, exempt salaried position working.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee. Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related subject plus at least 4 years related experience in property management or related environment.
- Experience working within HUD, CHFA, Section 8, low income housing tax credits and other affordable housing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Fair Housing Laws so that policies and actions are administered in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
- Thorough understanding through experience, education, and certification of all HUD regulations as stated in the HUD 4350.3 with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, recertification, EIV, and MOR and REAC Inspections
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms with a diverse population.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet VHA auto insurance requirements.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.