Job Title: Admissions & Enrollment Assistant
Reports To: Associate Director of Admissions & Enrollment
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Seasonal contract position - 20 hours per week at $17 per hour.
Wednesday to Saturday, schedule varies.
Start: May 1, 2022 - End: July 31, 2022
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School’s mission is to empower young adults (18-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School provides an outstanding alternative education that activates the capacity of all students to learn, achieve and grow. YBPCS will be recognized as a model of authentic experiential learning, not only among programs serving out-of-school youth, but also among all high-achieving schools and youth programs in the country.
High expectations, a nurturing climate, personalized culture and rigorous real world learning experiences ensures that graduates are poised for life-long learning and career advancement. It is our vision that YouthBuild graduates will emerge as highly accomplished, self-sufficient, self-aware and socially conscious citizens. Graduates will be energized about their futures and build support networks for their personal, social and emotional health and well-being.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School will maximize its capacity to engage each student’s passion, tap into his or her individual potential and provide him or her with real opportunities for personal and professional transformation.
* Excellence * Perseverance * Respect
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The program's three core values - respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in implementing a community outreach plan to increase YouthBuild Philly’s presence in the community and drive applicants from new communities across the city.
- Identify and partner with community groups to support awareness of YouthBuild Philly.
- Work with YouthBuild Philly marketing and public relations Social Media and Tech Directors to support online outreach campaigns
- Regularly canvas community locations to distribute literature and share information on YouthBuild Philly
- Meet with community leaders, political leaders, criminal justice and social service agencies to create pathways for new candidate to YouthBuild Philly
- Work with the students and alumni to support referrals
- Track community outreach efforts and produce reports on outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience with YouthBuild Philly as an alumni or partner, strong community connections, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to follow directions.
- Mission driven to work with YB’s student body
- Proficient to Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Proficient to Intermediate Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align to Restorative Practices
- FBI - Criminal History Report
- PATCH - Pennsylvania Police Department - Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- TB Test Results
- Act 24 - Arrest Conviction Form
- NSOPW - National Sex Offender Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protect federal, state, or local law.