Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of large-scale front-end applications and websites, as well as working directly with Product and Business stakeholders to establish a longer-term strategic roadmap. You should have an established background in designing and building highly scalable systems, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should also be comfortable working with senior stakeholders within the business and the Platform Engineering teams to establish an engineering roadmap that best serves the business objectives. A willingness to take ownership and be accountable for results is essential.
- Expert, hands-on engineering delivery of product requirements
- Team management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Coach, mentor and motivate software engineers in a high-performance software development organization
- Partner with Product Managers to deliver the scoped set of requirements with accountability and visibility into milestones, deliverables, risk and costs
- Partner with Platform Engineering to ensure services are available across applications
- Plan and decompose High-Level Features, providing accurate estimates and roadmap/development plans
- Key contributor to overall application/component architecture direction of the platform
- Analyze the development processes and procedures to determine areas for improvement
- Execute process improvement projects, including technical debt reduction and culling code or procedures that may no longer be needed
- Assist Production Support Team with triage and identify root cause for issues with designated applications
- Continually assess current application architectures and frameworks
- 10+ years deep hands-on experience, building front-end applications and/or leading development teams
- Proficiency in designing (includes documentation), developing, testing, and delivering mobile applications on time and on budget
- Proficiency in system analysis and design in accordance with established procedures and policies
- Proficiency in leading high-performing technology teams in a multi-technology enterprise.
- Proficiency working across business and product organizations to ensure strategic alignment
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.