Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
We are searching for a passionate, talented, and customer-focused Director, Information Security - Architect to help us continue to build best-in-class cyber security into our Products, by both helping build upon and improve our existing application and platform security processes as well as performing or coordinating security assessments targeting our products and underlying architecture. We’re looking for someone both comfortable with speaking with senior leaders about the importance of product security, while also feeling right at home looking at or building code or secure design patterns to be used by software engineers. If you’re familiar with building security into modern architectures, cloud infrastructure, and e-commerce or payments systems, and enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced startup culture, then we want to hear from you!
- Own, lead, and evangelize the software security program for Bakkt, ensuring that all Bakkt Products are designed, deployed, and maintained as securely as possible, using a risk-based approach
- Partner with Product, Development, and Engineering teams to ensure security is a first-class citizen in our Product roadmaps
- Run or lead internal or external security assessments, respectively, targeting our Products
- Participate and lead design sessions with Software Architects, Engineers, and Product Management to effectively build security into new features and capabilities
- Actively participate in the overall strategic planning of the Security team to identify and implement modern security architectures, standards, and related tools & technologies
- Minimum eight to ten years of experience in cyber security
- Minimum five to seven years of experience of security architecture knowledge & experience
- Three to five years of experience building or leading software security programs
- Three to five years of experience designing or building / engineering platform security into cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Two to three years of experience running and coordinating / leading internal and external penetration testing and/or participating in red team engagements
- Expertise identifying, triaging, managing, and remediating application security vulnerabilities
- Expertise with at least one programming language, preferably Java
- Expertise with automating security into infrastructure, using automation or configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Expertise with encryption and protection of data both at rest and in transit, along with expertise in related key management tools, techniques, and procedures
- Experience instrumenting security into a DevOps and CI/CD engineering environment, e.g. static code analysis, software composition analysis, dynamic testing, etc.
- Experience building privacy by design into products & services
- Experience securing publicly-facing, e-Commerce-driven web application architectures
- Experience securing modern, cloud-native architectures, to include APIs, containerization and related orchestration platforms, microservices, service meshes, etc.
- Experience deploying or managing application security defense solutions, such as web application firewalls, load balancers, DDOS mitigation services, DNS, CDNs, etc.
- Experience conducting automated or manual code reviews
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience working in a regulated industry highly desired
- Excellent skills effectively articulating security requirements, both in highly technical terms, and in business terms, using a balanced-risk approach
- Ability to clearly document and application security standards, architectural requirements, and other artifacts as needed
- Four-year college degree preferred, but not required
- Security certifications in penetration testing, cloud infrastructure, or software security are preferred but not required
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.