Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt's platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets - which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable - comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision - lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world's premier brands and adding value to consumers' digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets - from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers - in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let's get to the real reason why you're here - how we can work together.
The Director, Risk Governance at Bakkt will be responsible for establishing and executing on elements of our risk oversight capabilities delivering to the goals and objectives of our Enterprise Risk management (ERM) program. You’ll work partner with business and function leaders to assess, develop, and implement robust risk governance processes supporting numerous risk management practices within Bakkt. The ideal candidate for this role will have a highly proficient understanding of business, technology, and security risk processes and industry-level governance practices, both from a technical and risk management perspective. The candidate in this role will support programs to develop relationships and influence strong risk management across the organization, providing oversight and effective challenge.
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Risk Management policies, governance, and frameworks
- Establish enterprise Top Risk inventory and assess posture; develop and maintain Risk Appetite statement and Risk Tolerance for Top Risk Domains
- Develop and operationalize governance model; facilitate ongoing enterprise risk working group/activities
- Develop and update company Risk Profile to provide a composite view of risk for the organization
- Risk initiative planning and execution; develop executive and board-level risk reporting template
- Provide risk awareness training and communications
- Perform critical business process and operational assessments to proactively identify and address process gaps (e.g., Client Integration, Settlement, Reconciliation)
- Discuss control/process gaps with remediation owners, facilitate exploration of risk treatment options, and provide guidance on creation of management action plans
- Perform ongoing control monitoring and testing efforts to ensure proper controls are being implemented and maintained properly
- Participate in strategic projects and discussions related to Bakkt’s risk and compliance posture
- Lead and assist other risk initiatives as needed
- 5+ years of Risk management, governance, assessment, and compliance experience
- Direct experience performing risk management and governance oversight activities
- Strong background and application of fundamental Risk Management concepts, practices, and procedures to effectively manage risk to achieve defined outcomes and desired results
- Working knowledge on various operational/security/IT processes including Client Integration, SDLC, Incident Management, DR/BCP, Change Management, Vulnerability Management, Infrastructure Management, and other security/technology key processes
- Understanding of compliance management fundamentals and technology regulations and standards (NIST, GLBA, PCI-DSS, SOC, SOX, etc.) governing tech and financial services industry
- Mature communication skills, both oral and written, to concisely communicate status, key risks and resolutions in manners appropriate to the audience
- Strong work ethic and takes initiatives in solving problems and presenting solutions
- Ability to continuously prioritize projects based on risk or impact, confront conflict and difficult issues in a professional and proactive manner
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to create thorough analytical reports and speak persuasively with key stakeholders
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, or CISA strongly preferred
- Certifications: PMP, PCIP, or GIAC certifications(s) a plus
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.