First responders all over the world depend on Safeguard. Our medical devices, training and consultancy equip and enable first responders to preserve life in military, emergency services, law enforcement, industrial, community, corporate and private settings.
Together, we empower people to save lives.
We are seeking a full time, on-site Production Supervisor to join our growing team at the Harrisburg, NC location. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for production of sterile and non-sterile medical supplies and devices. Majority of work responsibilities may take place while gowned in a controlled environment or on the production floor and performed according to GMP and ISO guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate daily objectives to employees.
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities.
- Supervise and coach employees.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and request regular maintenance.
- Check production output according to specifications.
- Confirm accurate tracking is occurring on all work orders.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards.
- Submit reports on performance and progress.
- Provide training and educational materials to staff.
- Provide direction and schedules to the manufacturing department.
- Completes training to stay current with job and procedural requirements; ensures production personnel training requirements are completed and kept current.
- Ensures all work-related activities are documented by production personnel on the appropriate Production and Quality documents; provides oversight and completes/documents management review of production documents, as required.
- Sets up and/or operates various processing equipment i.e. vacuum sealer, kitting line, labeling, packaging, label printer as needed to meet production schedule.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- Contributes to team effort by providing resources and support to production personnel in the completion of company objectives.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of equipment and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs root cause analysis and completes investigation write-ups for production related non-conformances (NC); completes NC reports.
- Reviews systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms and recommends improvements as needed.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff objectives by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the Quarterly Review of production team members.
- Together with Production Planner Manager completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of experience working in medical device manufacturing or related field in a team environment.
- Follows instructions and procedures, accurately documents completion of tasks.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Standing gowned for the majority of work day.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to assemble various products to be sold.
- Experience working in ISO/GMP regulated production environment preferred.
- Computer skills including WORD, EXCEL, GP, & Master Control.
- Strong work ethic and understanding of basic Quality Systems.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, work process aids, company policies, and instruction manuals.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the supervisor’s job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position requires the ability to maintain an appropriate work pace, comprehend and follow instructions. The employee is required to exercise logic and reasoning; organize and prioritize; read; compose written communication; communicate verbally; make decisions; count and compute; analyze and interpret data; multi-task/re-direct; experience numerous interruptions. This position requires the ability to maintain the highest standards of professional maturity and emotional intelligence even in difficult or stressful situations.
The employee must be trained on all of the documents, procedures, software applications and topics outlined by Quality Assurance. Documentation of this training will be maintained with Human Resources. Additional training requirements may be added as deemed necessary by the manager.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Safeguard Medical is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Safeguard Medical believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.