Base Salary Range: $135,897 - $160,632 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Dentist will play a key role in providing quality comprehensive and appropriate dental care and treatment to patients that include all phases of dentistry.
- Provide routine and emergency dental services, including diagnosis and treatment plans, intra and extra oral examinations, assessments, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontic procedures, and minor oral surgery using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments while using masks, gloves, and safety glasses to protect patients and self from infectious diseases
- Designs, makes, or fits prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or prescribes anesthetics, medications, antibiotics or other medications and treatment regimens as appropriate
- Refers patients to specialty care and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Educates patients and their families regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, or oral health care services
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of dental support staff as required
- Administers anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures
- Uses dental air turbines, hand instruments, dental appliances, or surgical implements
- Formulates plan of treatment for patient's teeth and mouth tissue
- Evaluate and diagnose diseases, injuries, or malformations of teeth, gums, or related oral structures and provide preventive or corrective services
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- Graduation from an American Dental Association (ADA) approved dental school with DDS or DMD degree
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience in a community clinic setting preferred
- Current, valid, and unrestricted California Dental License
- Current and valid DEA License
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS)