Better Careers Start Here!
Join a company that fosters career growth through formal job training and strategic leadership development programs. The amazing career opportunities at Hunter Communications are fueled by our rapidly expanding, state-of-the-art fiber internet and world-class customer service.
At Hunter Communications, all employees are provided a rich, fully paid benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, and an employee assistance program. We offer very generous vacation, sick, and holiday time off, a 401k program with a generous employer match, and numerous bonus opportunities.
We’re looking for an experienced problem solver who has a passion for working with people and providing excellent customer service. Our right-fit candidate has a track record of working on successful teams and is eager to take ownership over the projects they are working on. They have experience working on a variety of project sizes and are excited to bring their expertise to a well-established team.
In this role, you will work closely with a great apprentice already on the team on many large-scale projects in the telecommunications field. You’ll work on fiber-optics, telecom, access control, A/V, and security.
As part of your duties, you will work closely with our Electrical Supervisor and our General Journeyman team. Our company is unique in that we are both licensed for electrical work but also are the largest privately owned Internet Service Provider based in Oregon. This creates unique opportunities that aren’t typically given to most electrical companies. We work on a variety of project sites from residential to large scale apartments, commercial, and industrial.
The job duties include:
- Data, phone, security, access control, and audio/video installation, integration, troubleshooting, networking, programming, and servicing in the field
- In-building fiber splicing with use of a fusion splicer for single mode and multi-mode fiber
- Educate and train Limited Energy Class A Apprentices
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams, document submittals, schematics, and specifications
- Develop proposals, bids, quotations, RFP responses, or other documents describing company products and services in response to request from prospective clients
- Build and maintain enduring relationships with clients as their trusted adviser at all levels of the organization
- Wiring of DC power supplies for switches, power-over-ethernet blocks, and batteries to rectifier shelves in our racks, cabinets, and tower sites
- Termination, labeling, testing, and certifying of ethernet, coax, and fiber cabling
- Work in a variety of non-electrical related tasks when needed
- Consistently perform efficient, thorough, and neat work
In 2021, Hunter Communications acquired XS Media (our Eugene office), who was recognized as one of the Top Businesses to Work for in Oregon in 2021. Putting people first and excellence in customer service is our most important goal and we measure our success by the feedback from our customers. We are a community-centered company that is driven to make a positive impact on our region. Our team has a high level of trust and competence and our reputation throughout the community is excellent. Our focus is on quality of life for our team and that's reflected in our success, chemistry, long-tenured employees, and benefits. We strive to make a difference in the community we live in.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, including employer paid health benefits, short and long term disability coverage, 401K retirement match, paid time off, sick pay, 9 paid company holidays, along with many other elective benefits. This position will also have a company vehicle provided.
Hunter Communications equally weigh a person’s core values with their direct experience and track record of success. That said, our ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Current Oregon Limited Energy Class A or Class B License
- Current Oregon Driver’s License
- Clear driving record and ability to be covered by company auto insurance
- Minimum 2 years continuous experience working as a Limited Class A or Class B Electrician in the State of Oregon (5 years preferred)
- Knowledge of the current 2020 NEC and ORS codes, and EIA/TIA standards
- Must be able to work off a ladder, in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Attention to details
- Positive attitude and professionalism when working with clients and team members
- Understand how to use the tools in the industry
- Experience responding to Requests for Proposals, Inquiries and Quotes, as well as responding to Task Order Requests preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as general technical knowledge of current technologies
- Strong entrepreneurial work ethic and initiative
- Excellent references
Hunter Communications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.