When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service and fill interim needs with mobile imaging systems. Right now, we are accepting applications for the role of Inventory Coordinator, working in our Holt, Michigan facility on a full-time basis.
Day in the Life: Here is a video you can hear directly from our team members sharing a little more about their experience at Block Imaging
General Job Description
Responsible for receiving, disassembling, identifying, labeling, and stocking incoming parts for inventory, as well as assisting in the delivery, and processing of orders. This individual will also build crates with hand tools for shipping large medical equipment.
- Completing inventory of equipment (in terms of components and accessories) as they arrive.
- Maintaining database on all equipment and parts, while communicating inventory status updates.
- Pulling and tracking parts requested by the service, parts, and engineering departments.
- Performing regular inventory cycle counts.
- Building crates to safely ship equipment.
- Assisting in the shipping and receiving process, including, crating, labeling, and verifying safe delivery.
- Assisting in maintaining the facilities, assuring cleanliness, organization of equipment, and safety.
- Appropriately disposing of potentially hazardous materials.
- Working respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others in the best interest of the company.
- Handling any other duties as assigned.
- Work hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Why Block Imaging?
Our Mission: Here is a video sharing the "why" behind our Block Culture.
More than a job
Because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services have a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
Leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life, and the work you do!
We know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
We strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect. Together- desiring to help one another as a complete team.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, one year of related experience is preferred.
- Forklift experience is not necessary but it is a plus.
- Some tool experience (panel saw, table saw, miter saw, power tools, etc.)
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer: Software and hardware.
- Database entry and management.
- Communication, especially listening and speaking.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously with interruptions
- Ability to work cooperatively.
- Submit to and successfully complete a MVR and a criminal background check.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history.
- Chauffer’s license and DOT Medical exam.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Benefits and Perks:
We live out our mission, People Matter, through the care and benefits we provide our team.
- Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at 16 days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
- Profit-Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
- Investment Plan/Budgeting: 401(k) investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and an annual company contribution, along with financial planning tools and training.
- Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% up to $1,000 starting at 90 days and increasing to $2,500 after two years.
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to three weeks of paid parental leave following a qualified Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) qualified and approved leave.
- Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual
Block Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer