CPC management demonstrates strong ethics while promoting a culture that provides a sense of safety to our team. We empower our colleagues to self-organize, while encouraging a sense of connection and belonging. Management is open to new ideas, promotes organizational learning and nurtures personal growth from within. Recognized by Long Island Press and Dan’s Papers as a “TOP Long Island Workplace”, Contract Pharmacal Corp (CPC) is looking for new team members eager to build upon their current skill set. At CPC you are joining an extended family of 1,500 of the industry’s top professionals to bring best in class products to market. With over 5,500 dietary supplements, over-the-counter drugs and Rx pharmaceuticals already developed, CPC offers a dynamic and exciting work environment.
The Chemist, QC position is responsible for and has experience in performing chemical testing and completion of real-time documentation per cGMPs and current SOPs.
Essential Job Functions:
· Perform routine laboratory chemical analysis on finished product, stability and/or raw material samples using HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV-vis, FTIR, ICP, TOC and other wet chemistry testing as assigned
· Maintain clean and organized laboratory working environment
· Disposes of used/expired/excess chemicals, solutions, solvents, etc. in dedicated waste receptacles
· Report well-written, accurate and timely results
· Review data, calculations, notebooks, and reports
· Assist in OOS and Deviation investigations
· Assist in Cleaning, Method and Process validation testing and protocol/report review
· Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment
· Suggest improvements to existing testing methods when possible
· Mentor and train entry-level personnel on techniques performed in the lab and assist with laboratory related questions as needed
· Perform routine instrument cleaning/preventive maintenance/calibration activities
· Assist with sample receiving, chemical inventory, document filing, housekeeping, etc.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by management
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science required
· Between 1 and 9 years experience working in a laboratory
· Experienced in wet chemistry testing
· Experienced in using analytical instrument software
Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, graphs/charts and databases
· Proficient in analytical instrument software programs
· Able to multitask on tight deadlines
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
· Able to effectively present results
· Able to perform testing on many methods and troubleshoot minor method issues. May require some guidance/supervision as needed.
· Able to troubleshoot basic instrument issues independently and complex instrument issues under supervision.
· Required to sit and stand for long periods of time.
· Frequently reaching with arms/hands up to 2 feet.
· Good hand eye coordination.
· Occasionally required to walk and kneel.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· Required to reach with arms and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and computer controls
· Required to stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, bend, sit, talk, hear, climb stairs
· Required to be present in the laboratory to perform daily testing and collaborate with department director, peers, and supervisors.
· Responsible for compliance with all rules and regulations pertaining to safety policies with the proper attitude toward safety and health, helping to ensure that all department operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health for all personnel.
· Potential to move between production lab sites/areas to complete job functions.
· Employee work hours/schedule and/or shift are subject to change based on business needs and Management discretion
Personnel Protective Equipment or Attire Required for Position:
· Gowning as required by GMPs and/or SOPs