Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
Compensation: Salary/exempt, $72,696 to $88,296 per year with room to grow + Competitive Benefits Package
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays (Saturdays would be part of regular work week & not in addition to full-time schedule)
Who We Are
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center ( FQHC) that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health and dental care, as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
Safety is our priority through the Covid-19 pandemic. To learn more about what we’re doing to ensure the safety of patients and staff, please view the following website: https://unitycarenw.org/safe/.
What We Value
We have an inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
At UCNW, we believe physical and emotional health are an important part of overall health and wellness. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, we offer the unique opportunity to work within an integrated system that combines Medical, Dental, Pharmacy and traditional Behavioral Health (BH) services emphasizing a patient-centered, trauma-informed approach. Within the framework of a Primary Care Behavioral Health model, Behavioral Health Consultants employed in our medical clinics receive on-the-job training and education to support the transition from traditional counseling to working within an episodic model of care.
This position is located in our medical clinic working in a fast-paced environment serving on our care teams as a behavioral health generalist providing brief, evidence-based interventions to all our patients through a consultation approach. The goal of this position is to help patients improve overall health by augmenting preventative and direct care for behaviorally based problems and provide education to improve general conditions typically seen within a primary care setting. Common tasks include:
- Assisting the PCP and patient in clarifying referral problems
- Providing expert consultation to UCNW staff and patients on behavioral health issues and the relative impact to medical care
- Utilizing a contextual interview and functional analysis to create applicable interventions
- Employing interventions/goals that consider patient strengths, deficits, interests and value
- Collaborating on interdisciplinary treatment planning for guiding coordinated care
- Guiding patients through emergent behavioral health crisis as part of the integrated team
What We Offer
- Full-time employment without the overhead work and costs of running a private practice
- Fully implemented EMR system (Athena Practice, formerly Centricity) with one-on-one training provided
- Outpatient work only - no call
- Competitive compensation package
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Continuing Education benefit
- Reimbursement of state license renewal fees
- Generous paid time off
- Six paid holidays on which we're closed
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after 1 year
- Life insurance
- Alternative transportation incentive
- Wellness reimbursement benefit
- Ability to apply for loan repayment via the National Health Service Corps (NHSC)-for information see NHSC Loan Repayment Program | NHSC (hrsa.gov)
- Ability to apply for loan repayment via the Washington Student Achievement Council-for information see Washington Health Corps Sites | WSAC
- An independent license as a Counselor, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist or Psychologist in Washington State (or be eligible to obtain an independent license in Washington)
- 2 years’ direct clinical experience, preferably in community health or community mental health
- A Mental Health Professional (MHP) acknowledgment from the Washington State Department of Health, or eligibility to obtain one
- Specialized knowledge, training &/or experience in the principles of integrating behavioral health assessment and treatment in the primary care setting (we will provide training if you don’t have this)
- Experience with Medicaid & Medicare patients and related insurance knowledge
- Demonstrated success in working with and relating to individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds & socio-economic levels, treating them with sensitivity & respect
Candidates who meet the requirements with applicable experience or similar qualifications are encouraged to apply!
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to over 91,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
If you are passionate about helping everyone have the opportunity to live their healthiest life, please visit our Careers Page to apply at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/01ab991b-8943-482a-9a66-9faa7b131dec/Unity-Care-NW or contact Vicki Curtis, Provider Recruiter, at email@example.com or 360-788-2661. For news on our organization & future job postings, please follow us on LinkedIn at https://bit.ly/363mfhv!
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires all employees to receive annual flu immunizations. In accordance with Washington State Proclamation 21-14, Unity Care NW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.