An energetic professional, skilled at swooping in and putting everyone at ease
An encouraging, flexible collaborator for whom making people feel important comes naturally
An altruistic and confident individual who seeks meaning in their daily work
Join us in our heart work.
Snowline Hospice is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. Our mission is to enhance the living, comfort the dying, and support the grieving with compassion and dignity. Our care team is dynamic and supportive; not only caring for the patients and friends and families we serve, but for each other, every day.
Here's how you'll be caring.
- To honor your patient's wishes and help them achieve their goals
- To allow patients to leave this world with dignity
- In close collaboration with other disciplinary teams, you will be actively supporting quality care and promote patients’ comfort
- Enjoy friendly interactions as you join forces to make good things happen
Each day. Essential functions.
- To coordinate and provide care to your hospice patients
- To calm, soothe and empathize with the strong emotions our patients and families are experiencing
- To participate with a team of healthcare professionals in providing the best care possible to each and every patient
- To address personal care needs and promote patients comfort needs in heroic ways
- Collaborate on cases, involvement in interdisciplinary meetings, training and development and other organizational activities
- Assist with observing the patient along with documenting care
Come for the culture. And the benefits.
- Deeply meaningful, heart-warming work
- Continuous displays of gratitude from patients, family and friends
- Collaboration with other compassionate, unique and professional colleagues
- Warm, friendly, flexible, supportive, and safe work environment
- Highly regarded, long-standing reputation for quality service in the community
- Supportive and helpful 401k (plus matching) program
- Flexible work schedules
Our ideal candidate.
- Certified Home Health Aide issued by the State Department of Public Health
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate issued by the State Department of Public Health
- Current CPR certification
- Six months supervised experience providing personal care to home-bound patients preferred
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License, access to a reliable automobile and minimum car insurance coverage
- Excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use a computer, prior electronic medical record (EMR) experience preferred
- Is open to an occasional flexible schedule to work evenings or weekends
- Is comfortable being mobile and can travel throughout service area
Come join us in the heart work of Caring and Collaboration!
APPLY TODAY and become part of the Snowline family!
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.