Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate Team Members.
What You’ll Do:
You will join the Whisker Operations team and work closely with the Senior Manufacturing Engineer to support the continued optimization of our manufacturing processes. This includes on and off the assembly line, layout and optimization of our fulfillment operations, cost performance from suppliers, assembly and material flow processes, and overall continued optimization of our plant.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, or similar degree
- 0-3+ years in manufacturing operations
- Established technical knowledge and ability in mechanical and/or manufacturing engineering disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of analytical ability, communication, and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a medium level of autonomy and high accountability for results under the direction of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Strong listening skills with the ability to focus on the meaningful implementation of improved processes with measurable results
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.