6:00PM - 6:30AM Friday- Sunday and every other Thursday
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET.
As a Maintenance Technician at PURIS you are responsible for ensuring any and all maintenance work is completed to keep the facility running. This will include both scheduled and unscheduled. Must be able to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Maintenance Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
In addition, the maintenance technician must adhere to and embody the PURIS core values: integrity, leadership, openness, global vision, adaptability, and partnership.
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
PURIS offers competitive hourly wages and immediate eligibility into the gainshare bonus potential program paid out quarterly! Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Discuss work orders, equipment malfunctions and job task coordination with co-workers.
- Assess whether designs meet technical specifications, performance requirements and regulations.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust as needed.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience preferred; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical skills, PLC experience is a plus.
- Experience with maintenance type welding activities.
- Experience with rigging equipment to pick and place machinery and parts, fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach and align motors, connect coupling and belts.
- •Experience performing predictive and operation maintenance using laser alignment tooling, ultra-sonic greasing equipment.
Skills and Capabilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience in Manufacturing required
- Prior fork truck experience preferred
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy machinery
- OSHA 10 hour a plus
- Must be able to stand for 9+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to safely mount and dismount a fork truck regularly during your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. frequently
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on a regular basis
- Ability to follow safety and quality standards while completing scheduled/unscheduled work
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.