Purpose: To collect, interpret, and analyze data.
Location: WFH/ Remote friendly.
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The Marketing Business Analyst is a key member of the Marketing team and will act as our reporting wizard, connecting and leveraging data from Google Analytics, HubSpot, Segment, X, and other sources to inform and support their analysis.
As Marketing Business Analyst, you will partner with our Digital Operations and Marketing teams to measure the performance of acquisition, targeting, nurture campaigns, and ROI of marketing spend. If you love marketing and analytics, new approaches to problem solving, and building solutions for a growing and dynamic business, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
You will be instrumental in analyzing data that will be used to develop strategic marketing plans which will ultimately contribute to the growth and success of Meow Wolf.
How you will do it…
- Develop and manage reporting for Exhibition Revenue Reviews and Monthly Marketing Report. Building an optimized and more concise reporting structure to hone in on key indicators and propose solutions to increase revenue.
- Work in collaboration with our Data Engineering team to provide reliable access to customer acquisition and brand awareness/affinity data through our reporting infrastructure.
- Develop our schemas, terminology, and aggregation units (e.g. DMAs, MSAs, etc.) for reporting on customer acquisition, visitor engagement, and customer satisfaction, in collaboration with data engineering team and the Data Steward in particular
- Be a stakeholder for extensive coverage, reliability, and useability of customer analytics in the company as our web, app, and cross-channel presence expands.
- Manage marketing spend forecasting for Finance / Accounting Reporting. Work with the exhibition Directors of Sales & Marketing, Marketing Campaign Managers and digital marketers to better understand when media and production costs are hitting our balance sheet
- Work towards measuring our Cost Per Acquisition based on real marketing costs per month / quarter
- Funnel breakout and digital media buying support and working to better understand costs for top / middle / bottom funnel and post checkout engagement
- Marketing channel mix: analyzing and making recommendations on a better marketing channel mix, based on performance digitally / otherwise for locals
- Coordinates and analyzes in person post-visit surveys
- Manages third party surveying tool to administer anonymous brand awareness, brand affinity and intent to visit metrics across exhibition markets and other key DMAs
- Works with our Financial Planning and Analysis team to build out reports and cross reports in Domo to help us access marketing performance on a more on-demand basis
To be successful in this role…
- You possess a keen ability to also live within the colorful and chaotic world of immersive experiences.
- You are a resourceful individual who can balance high quality analysis in a face-paced, high growth environment, this is your role.
- You have demonstrated ability with financial modeling
- You are detail oriented. Our favorite SQL Joke is “A SQL query walks into a bar, and sees two tables. He walks up to them and says, “May I join you?” Show us your attention to detail nature by including a joke in your cover letter. Extra points if it is data related.
- You must have a true knack and passion for understanding and translating data in a way that is easily comprehensible, especially for non-technical audiences.
- You possess an understanding of and passion for Meow Wolf.
What you will bring…
- BA/BS, in Marketing, Business, Data Science, or related field.
- 5+ years' work experience in data analytics.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with reporting, data visualization, and business intelligence (BI) tools (e.g. Tableau, Domo). Our current stack involves BigQuery and AirTable for data storage/entry and Domo, Stacker, and DataStudio for analysis/dashboards/reports, but equivalent experience in other tech stacks is equally desirable.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in written form; familiarity with creating visual reports in Google Slides / PowerPoint.
- High energy and proactive, able to drive multiple projects at once.
- Highly analytical, extremely detail oriented, and able to guide the Marketing team towards better data driven decisions.
Work environment & physical demands…
- This is a full-time position, averaging 40 hours a week –Monday to Friday.
- This position works in a professional office in Santa Fe, NM. This position has flexibility to work remotely from home when not needed on site or location.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, see, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Some travel may be required at times. Up to <10% out of state exhibition travel required (Santa Fe, Vegas, Denver, etc).
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will get to know Meow Wolf by…
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Immersiversity
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s Employee Handbook.
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis with a high degree of business acumen?
- Collaborative and with exceptional communication and relationship building skills?
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new software and web-based tools?
- Creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:·
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.