Looking for an organized and energetic hard working team member to join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET!
The PURIS Production Assistant is responsible for serving as the point of contact for PURIS Grains- Harrold location, as well as help support the Logistics Team. A high quality of customer service and team support will contribute to achieving department goals. This individual must also embody core values of PURIS: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore everyone in the supply chain department must adhere to all safety policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
PURIS offers competitive hourly wages and immediate eligibility into the gainshare bonus potential program paid out quarterly! Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manages all bin levels ( Raw, FP & By products ) and works with logistics to ensure truck schedules are met
- Manages all plant supplies and compile month end inventory reporting
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry for Production Operations.
- Responsible for coordination of new hire orientation, as well as staff training.
- Assist Plant Manager in timecard audit
- Provides Support to the Office Coordinator and Quality Tech to ensure continuity of knowledge and processes for Production Operations.
- Responsible for Railcar tracking & coordinating
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- GED or high school diploma
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fast paced office environment
- Experienced in MS office; MS Excel in particular
- General understanding of Agriculture and Logistics is beneficial
- Effective communicator and via phone, email, and in-person
- Must possess a high level of organizational skills
- Able to work effectively in teams as well as individually
- Must be able to multi-task and have a great attention to detail
- Ability to collect, analyze, compile, interpret and distribute various reports
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Will have limited exposure to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time working on the computer.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.