Wages start at $18 an hour!
6:00AM - 6:30PM; Fri-Sun and every other Thursday
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET!
PURIS offers competitive hourly wages and immediate eligibility into the gainshare bonus potential program paid out quarterly! Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, disability, and dental insurance. We offer affordable medical and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
The Packaging Operator is responsible for making sure our product is properly packaged to work order specifications. Typical packaging consists of 2,200lb totes. This is a fast-paced position, and the ideal applicant will enjoy and thrive on that style of work. To ensure product quality, Packaging Operators maintain a clean work environment and are responsible for keeping their area tidy. Must be able to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards always.
In addition, Packaging Operator must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for performing routine and non-routine tasks in a safe manner, in addition to supporting and abiding by the safety culture.
- Responsible for accurate packaging of our product, as well as completing necessary documentation to ensure accurate inventory reporting and traceability.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior relevant experience in Manufacturing preferred
- Prior fork truck experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
- Skills Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and punctual, as well as being able to fulfill obligations.
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks and documentation.
- Analytical Thinking- Job requires analyzing information and using logic to problem-solve work related issues.
- Cooperation- Job requires being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative, and can-do attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility- Job requires being flexible when faced with change.
- Independence- Requires being able to work independently and follow through with assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Writing and understanding written sentences, paragraphs, and directions in work related documents.
- Be able to use effective time management skills and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Capable of interacting with Computer Workstations to monitor and make changes to the process equipment to ensure meeting Critical Variables and Capabilities.
- Must be able to stand for 9+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. on occasion.
- Must be able to work comfortably and safely at heightened platforms.
- Must be able to run cleaning equipment and be comfortable working with cleaning supplies.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.