The Distribution Center Manager will be responsible for the management and execution of all Shipping and Transportation Operations, Light Assembly, Administrative, and Strategic/Productivity activities related to the Distribution Center. The Leader will promote a culture of continuous improvement in operations, be accountable for operational performance, and partner with other departments and teams to ensure the overall business exceeds customer expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Promote a culture of safety through leadership, training, and constant focus
- Maintain a positive working relationship with employees
- Communicate order adjustments and timing to the Customer Service & Sales Teams in a timely manner
- Partner with Manufacturing to ensure schedules are aligned to ensure order fill and on time delivery
- Identify opportunities to optimize shipping dock and transportation operations
- Plan and execute operational productivity projects for the Annual Operating Plan
- Implement and champion national, regional, and local strategic initiatives (Product Accountability, Supply Chain Excellence, new technology and systems, etc.)
- Ensure Distribution Center is properly staffed to account for seasonal fluctuations in volume
- Interview, hire, and onboard new associates
- Ensure quality standards across picking, packing, shipping, slotting and other operations
- Train and develop supervisors and all department associates
- Maintain a great customer experience for pick-up customers
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Orientation:
- sett, achieve and exceed business performance targets
- Set contingency plans to ensure goals are met.
- Seek opportunities to improve on the status quo to exceed targets.
Collaborating & Influencing:
- Gains support and commitment up, down and across the organization, including from cross-functional leaders
- Use internal and external contacts, connections and linkages to forge relationships and improve competitive position
- Partners with BU leadership, customers and cross-functional teams to identify and implement profit-driving strategies and programs
What do you Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field or equivalent experience. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Five years of distribution / manufacturing management experience.
- Working knowledge of ERP and WMS systems. NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Sound working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to work some varied shifts, including weekends.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- High energy and desire to excel and drive positive change a must.
- Understanding of inventory accuracy and control
- Ability to manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials
- Knowledge of Lean and Continuous Quality Improvement principles
Delaney Hardware is a leading provider of premium builder hardware for residential homes, multi-family buildings, and commercial projects. With comprehensive, stylish collections that combine superior finishes and smooth mechanics, Delaney’s unwavering commitment to value, quality, and exceptional service distinguishes it from the rest of the industry.Delaney is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations. Must be a champion of the Delaney Hardware corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.