Reports To: Grants and Data Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School’s mission is to empower young adults (18-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
YouthBuild Philadelphia’s demonstrated and recognized success inspires more holistic and integrated approaches in educational and social programs nationally.
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The program's three core values - respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the AmeriCorps Grant Coordinator is to manage and implement all administrative aspects associated with our National Direct and State AmeriCorps grants, and ensure program compliance to grant requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with YouthBuild Philadelphia’s programmatic staff to ensure adherence to the rules and regulations governing the grant funding;
- Ensure that participants bring in all required documentation that is needed to be compliant with the grant prior to enrollment;
- Ensure that members complete ongoing required paperwork for files;
- Enter data into the online system, manage enrollment and exit compliance, and calculate service hours in a timely manner;
- Gather internal data and prepare quarterly reports;
- Organize and prepare member data and files for audits;
- Coordinate and implement the goals as described in the AmeriCorps grants, including data management using online software; managing service-hour completion for full-time and part-time members; completing Annual Progress Reports; ensuring that the program is aligned with performance measures; and attending AmeriCorps training sessions;
- Regularly review YouthBuild Philadelphia policies and procedures to ensure program compliance, consistency, and equity;
- Help plan and coordinate three all-school service projects during national service days for 9/11 Day of Service, Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, and AmeriCorps Week;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with local community organizations in order to collaborate on service projects and utilize partnerships to meet program goals;
- Oversee the development of a meaningful community service-learning curriculum and corresponding service projects;
- Participate in hiring and onboarding process of full-time AmeriCorps members, as well as evaluations and exits
- Conduct grant-related training for staff to ensure compliance;
- Participate in the School’s Mentoring Program;
- Participate in community service projects, keeping with the service ethic of the school;
- Continue to develop skills through training and professional development offered at the school and outside.
- Other duties as assigned by the Grants and Data Manager and Chief Development Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of professional work experience
- Ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Ability to manage multiple complicated projects at one time;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality while handling sensitive information
- Ability to contribute to a team-based environment with strong coordination and communication skills
- Highly organized, ability to be change agile, and a high level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience with Egrants preferred
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and a passion for education and empowering young adults
- Mission-driven to work with YB’s student body
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align with restorative practices
- FBI - Criminal History Report
- PATCH - Pennsylvania Police Department - Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- TB Test Results
- Act 24 - Arrest Conviction Form
- NSOPW - National Sex Offender Clearance
- Act 168 –Sexual Misconduct Form
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.