Join Ascent Classical Academy of Douglas County at its growing campus in Lone Tree, Colorado, in the south metropolitan Denver area. Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to the intellectual and moral betterment of students and encourage teachers to take their own moral and intellectual improvement seriously as part of a supportive and excellence-driven culture. At Ascent Classical Academy charter schools, well-educated and articulate faculty utilize explicit instruction to convey real knowledge to students using traditional teaching methods. Teachers enjoy a wide array of resources as they create their own lessons within the content-rich curriculum to engage students in a positive and virtue-imbued learning experience in the liberal arts. General education grammar school teachers experience the joy of mastering the key elements of their instruction, such as explicit phonics, Singapore math, Core Knowledge history and science, and English grammar with support from peers within the school and other Ascent Classical Academy network schools.
The school is in need of additional special education teachers, who play a critical role in assisting general education teachers in:
- assessing and providing research-based intervention to students with learning disabilities
- working collaboratively to design IEPs that support academic growth and positive social interactions for learning to promote educational access
- providing services consistent with Ascent Classical Academies’ content-rich curriculum
- demonstrating effective case management of students
- engaging in effective communication with parents and teachers
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies partners with a network of classical charter schools based in Colorado delivering a content-rich curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences, with underlying principles in the Western tradition of the study of history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts. Our American Classical Education includes, among other things, the study of Latin; a rich examination of American literary, moral, philosophical, political, and historical tradition; and a school culture centered upon moral virtue, respect, discipline, and studiousness among students and faculty alike. Ascent Classical Academy charter schools currently serve approximately 1,700 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond.
Desired Start Date: Immediately, and/or for the 23-24 school year
Compensation Range and Particulars: $37,000 to $55,000 annually, depending on experience, qualifications, and schedule. While student contact and professional development days amount to approximately 190 days per year, Ascent Classical Academy teachers are dedicated to year-round development of their craft, while enjoying additional time off in the summer. Pay is spread evenly over 12 months.
Schedule and Classification: Full-Time Exempt
- Employee-only coverage for group medical, dental, and vision plan; dependent coverage available
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance plans
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free employee benefit and healthcare guidance through HealthJoy
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Family Medical Leave Act and the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Robust teacher training including several weeks of training on-site and at Hillsdale College in Michigan each summer
Qualified candidates will have a strong background in the subject matter, demonstrate high moral character and embrace the virtues of a democratic society. The successful candidate will also foster professional friendships with faculty and staff, seek collaborative relationships with parents, and mentor students in the pursuit of their own flourishing.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Current Colorado licensure with the appropriate Special Education endorsement
- If working with grades K-3 to teach reading, meet literacy requirements set by Colorado's READ Act
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies