To apply for this role, upload your (1) resume and (2) cover letter. The role will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
724 E Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016
Director of Resource Development
Developing professional skills in an administrative environment with opportunities to understand how a non-profit organization facilitates.
Have you seen a hero lately? We have—we work with them every day! Here at San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity, our donors are our heroes. Their financial support has helped countless local families in need build or repair a place to call home. Now, these families are thriving. They are healthier. Their children are twice as likely to attend college. And, they finally have enough money to save for the future. We credit all this to our amazing donors! We are seeking an intern that will help San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity maintain the fantastic rapport we have with our incredible donors and assist our team to grow and cultivate new relationships.
As we prepare to make homeownership accessible to more local and international families than ever before, we are on the lookout for a Resource Development Intern. This addition to our team will help to execute the following items:
- Assist in coordinating all donor communications: thank you calls, cards, emails, and letters
- Work closely with the Resource Development staff on projects pertaining to fundraising
- Familiar with donor memberships which include retaining and recruiting new members
- Ability to create collateral for all forms of fundraising initiatives
- Function as a member of the Development team: collaborate with other team members and participate in staff meetings.
Is committed to San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity’s mission to eliminate substandard housing and make affordable housing a matter of conscience and action
1. An applied undergraduate college student — a diligent worker with a GPA of 3.0 or better
2. Relationship building—you’re talented in establishing and growing strong professional relationships with donors. You’re able to build lifelong partnerships and trust while aligning their passions with the mission, priorities, and goals of San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity
3. Written & verbal communication—you are a strong writer; you’re a great listener and can adapt your communication style to meet our donor’s needs and temperament
4. Strong multitasking skills and having the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
5. Software skills—entry level skills in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
6. You are a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion – embracing people from all background, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.