The Talent Acquisition Specialist collaborates with the Human Resources team to identify, select, onboard and retain qualified individuals for Whitney Young Health. This position will be responsible for full cycle recruitment and onboarding for both union and non-union positions. Responsible to create and manage job postings for vacancies. Recruits proactively for “hard-to-fill” positions. Supports management with recruiting activities and oversees pre-employment assessment process.
- Coordinates a comprehensive recruitment program for a variety of positions.
- Researches and evaluates potential marketing and advertising sources.
- Writes and places job advertisements internally and externally.
- Creates recruitment materials and cost-effective sourcing methods.
- Follows-up on leads and guides candidates through hiring process.
- Responds to job inquiries from internal and external candidates.
- Screens applicants, promotes qualified candidates to hiring manager for review.
- Communicates with candidates inviting them to interview, rejecting their candidacy and responding to their inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Tracks recommended candidates for final outcome and logs accordingly in HRIS.
- Facilitates onboarding from offer through credentialing and orientation.
- Acts as a liaison with external provider search firms, if needed for recruitment efforts.
- Develops candidate pipelines through trade/educational partners by marketing job opportunities.
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline
- Recommends programs that develop a better work/life balance.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Understands basic principles of the Patient Centered Medical Home approach to primary care.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission and the Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree and two (2) years of Recruiting experience to include knowledge of principles and best practices of Human Resources administration, recruitment and processing. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to persuade and influence and sell career opportunities. Strong organizational, computer and information management skills. Prior experience in developing programs, group presentations. Exhibits a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with private information and sensitive personnel issues
Bachelor degree. Healthcare Human Resources experience; SHRM-CP/PHR or Recruiting certification; Labor relations/union environment experience; Familiarity with HRIS and data reporting.
Please be aware that as a facility regulated under Article 28 of the New York State Public Health Law, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment. Whitney Young Health also requires the COVID-19 booster.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.