SUMMARY: Operates within either of Twomey’s tasting room. Follows company-wide schedule of promotions, specials, and release of wine vintages, stocks merchandise, arranges displays, operates checkout stations, and provides superior customer service.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Delivers a transformational experience for each and every customer, internal and external.
- Presents and positions Silver Oak, Twomey and Timeless wines and merchandise to our customers.
- Greets customers as they arrive to tasting room, services them at Tasting Bar by pouring tastes of our current wines, explaining our wines and history to them.
- May provide a walking tour to winery guests through production areas. (No tours during COVID 19)
- Operates cash registers, handles credit card sales, treats customers in a courteous manner, and becomes familiar with merchandise and its location within store.
- As customers make purchases, employee will walk to wine storage room and pull wine. Will carry wine back to tasting room bar for customer.
- Follows company schedule for special promotions and sales and release of wines.
- Monitors merchandise displays and overall appearance and cleanliness of store.
- Makes periodic physical spot checks of inventory.
- Checks daily sales reports and cash receipts.
- Becomes familiar with Silver Oak, Twomey and Timeless products in order to provide information on tours and in special events.
- Develops a general understanding of wine and how it relates to Silver Oak and Twomey products.
- Develop an understanding of the history of Silver Oak, Twomey and Timeless.
- Assists in the setup and cleanup of special events or meetings.
- Assists other departments and employees whenever needed.
- Check in merchandise and stock tasting room. May need to help restock wine storage room as needed.
- May be asked to work at other tasting room locations as needed.
- Weekend and Holiday work is required.
- During COVID-19 Pandemic: Will set up and break down tastings throughout the day. Tasks includes movement of wine, bus tubs filled with glassware, and full glass racks from the dish room to the designated tasting areas.
- General set up/breakdown requires associates to carry throughout the day:
- 4 wine bottles, plus a water bottle = 7 lbs.
- Glass rack with stemware = ~15 lbs. when full of stemware.
- Bus tub with stemware – anywhere from 8-12 lbs.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills; internal and external
- At least two years of retail experience is desirable, but less formal education and more on-the-job experience may be substituted.
- Good organizational skills as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with other staff members.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Work is mainly performed in a tasting room, which can be busy with multiple guests at one time.
- Noise levels are usually moderate to high, depending on how busy the tasting room is at the time.
- May be required to provide a tour to winery guests, through production areas. Production areas may be cold.
- Hazards: Occasionally works near moving machinery parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.