Position Title: Universal Banker I
Reports To: Designated Retail Leader
Primary Assignment: Handle on-demand customer transactions and financial counseling
Position Status: Non-Exempt
**This position is not remote and will work in our Ames, Iowa location.**
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
The hours of the position are 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday and 9:00 a.m. to noon for the Saturday rotation. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Universal Banker I Position Summary
The Universal Banker I (Bank Teller) is responsible for assisting with a customer’s financial transactions in an efficient and friendly manner, providing the highest level of customer service. In addition, Universal Banker I (Bank Teller) will assist with financial counseling, including opening and servicing of consumer accounts.
UNIVERSAL BANKER I PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide exceptional customer service through quality conversations and efficient and accurate process of customer transactions. Provide accurate information to customers based on product and service knowledge and understanding of the banking industry. Frequently communicate with customers and employees in person or by phone and exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Build relationships with customers by identifying needs and offering solutions. Sell, open, and maintain banking products and services to new and existing customers. Cross sell bank products as part of the regular transaction process.
- Proficient in customer account opening, maintenance, and closing accounts (including checking, savings, CDs and safe deposit boxes). Process check orders; follow check cashing procedures; issue cashier’s checks; process wire transfers, perform online and mobile banking maintenance; process stop payments and debit card disputes.
- Handle financial transactions efficiently and effectively with all customers (including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments and merchant transactions). Maintain a balanced cash drawer. Perform ITM duties in applicable markets.
- Meet or exceed all established branch goals and contribute to branch deposit growth
- Additional duties as assigned
UNIVERSAL BANKER I ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Accounting or banking experience encouraged
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, understand procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Understands computer and other equipment capabilities and limitations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures
- Be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Travel to/from and work in multiple locations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – will follow through on what he/she says they will do; holds others accountable in the workplace.
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as necessary.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; recognizes how his/her actions impact others.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; accepts responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to everyone; supports business and revenue growth.
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury.
The following physical and mental requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
- Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as needed.
**This position is not remote and will work in our Ames, Iowa location.**
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.