Dean of School – St. Joseph Catholic Academy at St. James Catholic School PreK-8
School and Parish Information
Under the newly formed St. Joseph Catholic Academy, St. James Catholic School is seeking a dynamic individual to work in tandem with the Head of Schools to provide building leadership and continue implementing a Catholic Classic Liberal Arts education.
St. James Catholic Church and School have been an anchor of the St. Joseph community for over one hundred years, providing a superior, faith-based education. We model instruction to our students to help them become models of Christ, moral leaders in service to others, and creators of a more humane world. Fully accredited, St. James School educates our students far beyond the traditional classroom setting; our goal is to nurture the whole child.
The Dean of School will provide the day-to-day leadership of the school building. Serve as the direct contact person for teachers and parents. Work in collaboration with the Head of Schools to develop school programs that ensure academic excellence and the spiritual, moral, physical, and emotional development of the school community.
· Coordinates faith development opportunities for faculty and staff through participation in doctrinal, liturgical, and spiritual growth experiences aligned with the St. Joseph Catholic Academy.
· Monitor the Catholic religious instruction of students at all levels and ensure alignment with the expectations of the Head of Schools.
· Promotes Catholic community with parents, students, faculty, and staff.
· Implements the State of Missouri academic standards.
- Provides an orderly and structured school environment and promotes discipline within the school amongst the faculty, staff, and students.
- Interviews and hires school staff in partnership with the St. Joseph Catholic Academy.
- Manages conflicts effectively through sound intervention policies and procedures.
· Maintains a continuous plan of assessment/evaluation of the instructional program and the students' religious, academic, social, physical, and emotional growth.
- Collaborates with the President of the St. Joseph Catholic Academy on marketing, enrollment, and recruiting efforts.
- Seeks resources and support beyond the school and parishes.
· Protects the rights of and maintains confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters.
· Maintains an accurate record-keeping system for student records.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Applies a Catholic educational vision to the daily activities of the school
· Makes timely, well-reasoned decisions; intelligently analyzes issues and balances fact-based analysis with intuition, information, and experience.
· Collaborates and implements strategic priorities and initiatives identified by the St. Joseph Catholic Academy.
· Demonstrates the ability to evaluate the general effectiveness of the school's learning program.
· Collaborates with staff on-going throughout the year with attention to regularly scheduled professional development opportunities.
· Understands state requirements and government-funded programs
· Earn others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
· Use strong verbal and written communication skills to build effective relationships, exchange information clearly and concisely, and deliver new concepts, opinions, and ideas professionally.
· View service to internal and external stakeholders as a priority to continuously meet and exceed needs, requests, and expectations.
· Promote a sense of collaboration and teamwork with the leadership of the St. Joseph Catholic Academy and with other Dean of Students.
· Master's Degree, or working towards, in education or a related field, preferred
· Practicing member of the Catholic church
- Faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church,
· A minimum of three years of teaching experience in a Catholic school preferred
· Knowledge of Catholic Classical Liberal Arts
· Current state certification/license in administration preferred
· Minimum three years of experience in building administration preferred
The St. Joseph Catholic Academy offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans, including a 403b plan, and a defined benefit pension plan. Employee paid time off includes Holidays, Vacation, and Sick leaves.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, and sign and acknowledge the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Code of Conduct prior to hire. Please view the EIM at www.kcsjcatholic.org. Completion of Protecting God’s Children training is required soon after hire.