East Daley Analytics, the North American Midstream Expert, is seeking an Energy Analyst.
Are you an analytics gladiator? Does the opportunity to toil through sets of data in the pursuit of finding a unique insight that helps drive a higher level, meaningful conclusion sound enticing? Would you enjoy the opportunity to debate analysis by logically constructing an argument with data?
If so, East Daley Analytics (EDA) is seeking such a results-driven, detail-oriented Energy Analyst.
The ideal candidate will be an innate problem solver, approaching data and developing insights with a relentless curiosity to dig deeper to meet client needs.
EDA, recognized as one of Colorado Companies to Watch, is a fast-paced data and analytics company disrupting the way energy companies and capital market participants assess risk. By bringing transparency to the complicated and often misunderstood energy sector, EDA helps clients make informed strategic and investment decisions.
This challenge is working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that requires flexible thinking and adaptability based on client and market needs. The opportunity is to help a small business change the way the energy market participants assess risk.
The salary range is $75,000 to $85,000 depending on experience. This position is for a full-time role based in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Medical (with multiple plan options), Dental, and Vision Coverage with Company Contributions
- Flexible and Health Savings Account Options with Company Contributions
- Life and Accidental Death, Short- and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401K with 3% Company Match
- Casual Attire
- Free Office Parking
- Weekly paid lunch, plus in-office snacks
- EAP and Wellness Program
Success Metrics & Position Goals:
- Understand both macro and micro trends in energy markets and the relevant impacts those trends have on the financial markets
- Be comfortable with varying levels of uncertainty in datasets and models—go beyond “plug ‘n’ chug”, and be curious and willing to find out the “why”
- Demonstrate an advanced level understanding of data sources and how they are used and integrated into supply & demand and company financial models
- Take ownership of products and relationships, and provide timely, accurate, and expert insights to clients and the EDA team
- Be able to understand complex data and topics and properly synthesize that information into written and oral presentations for clients
- Interest in and willingness to continually learn about the energy and financial markets
- Strong at written and verbal communication
Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize competing objectives, ask questions, and ask for help when needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree—STEM and Business/Economics preferred, but open to any major if there is a strong and demonstrated interest in the energy markets.
- 3 - 7 years of experience
- Experience in commodity/energy markets, building models/forecasts, and working with raw datasets is favorable but not required.
Requirements of Position:
- Up to 20% of domestic travel