Under general supervision of the Security Manager, patrol assigned territory to protect patrons and property.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Stand guard during events. Tour post periodically to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
- Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individual(s) to security office and/or off the premises.
- Write incident reports and meet with security supervisor to review procedures.
- Inspect alarms and fire extinguishers/sprinkler systems to ascertain they are set to operate. Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
- Tour facility, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations, answer alarms & investigate disturbances.
- Assist departments, such as the Ticket Office, when handling large sums of money.
- Assist with gate guard duties when needed.
- Act in a professional manner with clients, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Document all shipping and receiving.
- Keep record of all keys, radios and other facility equipment that are signed out.
- Ensure every client and vendor receives the best service possible.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of security issues related to a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Remain certified in CPR and other emergency/life-saving techniques.
- Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility) and working from various heights. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Be able to withstand moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, Gator, pallet jacks, carts, fire extinguishers or other light power driven equipment.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Possess a valid driver's license and be able to legally operate a motor vehicle in the State of Georgia.
- Possess any appropriate licenses as required by State.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. and two years of related experience in security; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Being able to communicate in Spanish is beneficial.