About Moody Center:
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons and community.
Moody Center is the newest arena in Austin, Texas and finally gave the “Live Music Capital of the World” the world-class arena it deserves. Moody Center is a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena replaced the 43-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
Senior Director of Event Services will provide leadership and direction of the Event Services Department. Moody Center host over 150 events a year including UT Men’s/Women’s Basketball games, concerts, family shows, etc. With the VP of Events, this role will lead the following departments: Event Services, Guest Services, Merchandising, Security and Parking. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong aptitude for leadership, project management, and a true passion for delivering first class customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure advancement of large-scale events including concerts, sports events, and special events.
- Oversee all production needs including stagehands, medical, fire, security, audio & visual and all operating equipment and covid protocols.
- Directly manage event staff including, security director, security manager, event managers, parking vender, merchandising vender, police, medical, fire watchers, guest services and security.
- Oversight of event staff which includes, security director, security manager, event managers, parking vendor, merchandising vendor, police, medical, fire watchers and guest services.
- Works closely with the VP of Events to ensure shows are managed appropriately.
- Identify and make recommendations to arena management team on operational improvements, increased profitability, and efficiencies.
- Prepares event services, guest services, and parking departmental and estimated revenues.
- Prepares reports of monthly event activities for submission to VP of Events, Assistant General Manager and General Manager.
- Develops policies and procedures for the event department and monitors their compliance.
- Establish new standards of customer service by collaborating with multiple arena departments.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders and university staff.
- Administer and oversee procedures and policies are implemented & executed.
- Lead and establish work groups to enhance recognition, communication and training.
- Disseminates event information between sales, service, operations, building partners, subcontractors, decorators, vendors and community support services.
- Work with box office and VP of Booking to prepare CAD drawings and any other necessary information.
- Communicate with event promoters, event managers, and production managers throughout all stages of events; from pre-event planning event execution and settlement, coordinate the requirements of each event based on the client contracts and production/covid riders.
- Serves at Manager on Duty at events; facilitate pre and post event walk through to assess facility condition; enforce facility policies and procedures throughout each event; identify and resolve event challenges; resolve public complaints.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
- 7+ years’ experience in large sports and/or music entertainment management and production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports/Event Management, Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience in field.
- Proven ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up sleeves and execute on projects.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operation procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional experience in leading, motivating and developing employees.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Strong ability to support creative ideation to enhance brand equity while supporting company culture, values and objectives.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in CAD
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Operation experience with large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (15,000 seats) is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.