Excelerate Energy is changing the way the world accesses clean, affordable, and reliable energy. We are focused on providing flexible LNG solutions to emerging markets across the globe and delivering a lesser emitting form of energy to markets that often rely on coal as their primary energy source.
We strive to achieve sustainable results by delivering what we promise and by investing in our people, assets, and technology while promoting a culture of safety, quality, and environmental stewardship.
We believe our human capital is our most valuable asset. We hire exceptional people who thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of safety, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Together, we can create a better future by delivering clean energy to the global communities that need it most.
Candidate will provide naval architecture and marine engineering expertise to a variety of development projects worldwide. Assist development projects in meeting safety, environmental and capital objectives. Provide technical support throughout the development phase of project, support to the vessel operations and commercial team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Ensure safety is addressed in all aspects of work planning and execution.
- Core expertise of naval architecture and marine engineering. Ability to manage projects which may include management of stability booklet updates, preparation of weight estimates, update to core vessel drawings, for example.
- Broad knowledge of marine engineering and willingness to lead and manage projects outside of core expertise such as mooring upgrades, and emission system modifications.
- Knowledge of industry standards for vessel design including Classification Rules, Flag and Regulatory requirements.
- Ability to use Autocad for development and modification of drawings.
- Develop/supervise/coordinate basic and detailed engineering and define equipment required to fulfill the project systems in accordance with the design criteria as defined for the project, and in compliance with company policies and standards.
- Prepare project work packs within the required time frame with clear and concise description of the work along with accurate technical details, clearly defined material grades, and specific class and certificate requirements.
- Review each work pack document with the associated party as soon as possible to ensure that all parties have the same understanding as to the proposed scope of work.
- Manage work pack revisions as engineering deliverables are produced and equipment specifications are refined. Identify candidate vendors in consultation with the Supply Chain Management (SCM) and the project manager.
- Identify candidate vendors in consultation with the Supply Chain Management (SCM) and the project manager to support projects as needed.
- Prepare vendor requests for quote with complete work scope details including required delivery date, specific vendor documentation / certification and class requirements.
- Receive and review vendor quotations and evaluate with appropriate project team members. Ensure commercial terms quoted are in accordance with project and company requirements.
- Prepare purchase specifications, purchase justification and documentation and class requirements.
- Review and approve vendors and shipyard design, drawings, specifications, and documentation.
- Inspect, follow up vendor’s contractual commitments, work progress and expediting. Follow up class or regulation issues on equipment.
- Immediately report any changes in vendor delivery schedule to ensure project schedule and cash flow implications are addressed.
- Ensure the vendor produces a quality plan addressing hold points for classification/project team inspection purposes.
- As required conduct vendor kick-off meeting with classification society.
- May require international travel to shipyards to attend and participate in drydocking and repairs.
- Supervise and manage contractors to ensure the efficient implementation of Excelerate Energy’s work scope specifications, standards, customer standards and regulatory standards.
- Monitor financial status of assigned work scopes and submit meaningful and reasonably accurate forecast to complete (FTC) for the project budget forecast.
- Make every effort to ensure the work scope is completed fit for purpose and within budget.
- Consider “outside the box” solutions to complete the work scope fit for purpose.
- Ensure all project reference data, important communications and technical and vendor documentation and reports are filed in the appropriate project folders.
Communication and Level of Contacts:
- Interface and direct contact inside and outside the engineering team with areas such as operations and business development.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, and use of scheduling programs such as MS Project or Primavera are a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
Qualifications, Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Min. 4 year recognized bachelor’s degree or equivalent engineering degree and 5+ years project engineering experience in offshore oil and gas industry on any large industrial or marine construction projects.
- Professional Engineer status in good standing or eligibility for such accreditation preferred.
- Experience in LNG related operations preferred.
- The ability to manage progress and schedule reporting and adapt to changing circumstances.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role has no direct reports.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel Required: Less than 10% of the time.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the United States is required.
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement
It is the policy of Excelerate Energy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.