WE ARE OFFERING A SIGN ON BONUS OF $400 WITH AN ADDITIONAL $600 RETENTION BONUS UPON THE COMPLETION OF HARVEST!
Peju Winery is a family owned and operated winery located in Rutherford, in the heart of Napa Valley. Farming organically and sustainably, our estate-grown fruit develops into award winning wines that exhibit a graceful pairing of power and elegance. We are a Certified Green Winery committed to protecting the environment, providing extraordinary wines and customer service, and recruiting smart, talented people to work with us!
Peju Winery in Napa Valley has openings for harvest interns to join our winemaking team for the 2022 season. This is a seasonal position, from late August to December, working with the full-time crew to assist in all aspects of crush.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Performs various work assignments to include: racking, pumping, pumpovers, and delestage.
· Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar operations.
· Sterilizes casks, tanks, and other equipment.
· During crush, sort fruit, move hoses and equipment, obtain lab samples, weigh trucks, dispose of lees, inoculate tanks, and clean equipment.
· Requires ability to communicate effectively.
· May be responsible for movement of wine product from one tank to another.
· May add chemical/sulfur/additives as required.
· May remove pomace from fermentation tanks.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Experience with forklift preferred.
· Strong basic math skills including ratio and percentages. Ability to make basic math calculations including but not limited to percentages and ratios.
· Basic English skills, both written and verbal preferred
· Strong communication skills
· Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time and to lift 40lbs. repeatedly for periods of up to 1/2 hour.
· Willingness to work overtime, especially at harvest.
· Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
· Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and deliver quality work product
· Strong attention to detail