The Chief Financial Officer is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The CFO excels at attracting, retaining, and developing A-players with the PURIS organization and the finance department.
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
PURIS offers competitive wages, and our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Maintain banking relationships
- Ensure proper liquidity to keep company growing
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- Ensure company has a plan to meet and sustain its core capital target
- Oversee bonus programs
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request, budgeting, and forecasting processes
- Develop and report performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee performance management process, staff development, skill development within departments of responsibility
- Manage any third parties to which accounting, legal, or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Manage acquisition and joint venture due diligence and negotiate terms of deals
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Coordinate and communicate relevant financial information to the company and shareholders
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of governance, auditors, and government agencies
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Other, as assigned by the CEO
Education and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA designation and/or MBA preferred
- CFO experience, or equivalent, preferred
- 10+ years progressively responsible finance experience
- 5+ years of M&A experience, including ownership of negotiations and deal execution
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Complete understanding of financial accounting statements
- Hands-on experience with major ERP system
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables, PowerBI experience a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in agricultural trading and commodities a plus
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) to learn more or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.