Base Salary Range: $52,000 - $62,400 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Optician will assume the lead role in the selection, fitting and education process by providing the highest quality patient care. This is achieved by ensuring individualized service with attentiveness, accuracy, prompt delivery, efficient services, and patient education.
- Assuming the lead responsibility in patient care, establishes a rapport with patients and other customers.
- Works with staff, management, students, and patients in creating an exceptional experience.
- Measures and dispenses spectacles and accessories; provides follow-up services such as adjustments and repairs.
- Provides hands-on instruction and guidance to Interns in all matters relating to frame and lens selection in accordance with the current didactic and clinical curriculum.
- Provide feedback to the Optical Director on Intern performance.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Review the accuracy of work and recordings made by clinicians, including lab orders, fee slips all other Dispensing paperwork.
- Ensure that proper computer record notations are made in accordance with all Federal and State policies.
- Review the quality of ophthalmic materials prior to patient dispensing.
- Provide feedback on the performance of the optical laboratories, and frame companies.
- Responsible for 3rd party and customer billing.
- To be trained with the production of bench work in the optical lab.
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master preferred
- Bilingual and Bi-literate Spanish/English preferred
- ABO Certified Required
- Current BLS Certification required