Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Technical Writer, you will transform technical specifications and other product design artifacts into simplified accessible documentation to inform and educate potential partners about the value our business can provide. You will lead the charge on driving clarity and completeness of business and product concepts as we deliver new products and features for our customers.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, Design and Business leaders to draft client facing technical documentation
- Create effective content that is honest, clear, accurate, comprehensive, accessible, concise and professional.
- Collect and organize technical material from various sources into a central repository
- Tailor content to our target audience and advise the best means of information delivery
- Strive to simplify complex concepts or processes to maximize reader comprehension
- Design content for optimal readability and usability
- Act as a trusted consultant to business and product leaders to surface improvements to content delivery
- Research industry content examples for uniformity and parity with reader expectations
- Keep current with industry trends and best practices
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Computer Science, Journalism, Business or equivalent undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience authoring technical documentation
- Experience specializing in documentation for API and/or SaaS-based technology solutions
- Exposure with Client facing technical document creation
- Exposure with Cloud infrastructure development
- Strong thought leadership and critical thinking skills
- Immaculate, highly polished verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent meeting facilitation and whiteboard collaboration/visualization skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and effectively cross functional team environments, juggle multiple large projects, delegate appropriately and help other team members manage their projects.
- Proficiency in working with high-performing technology teams in a multi-technology enterprise.
- Published works related to Fintech industry API and/or Platform solutions
- Experience as a back-end software or quality engineer
- Experience as a business analyst or product owner
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.