Reports to Director of Housing Choice
The Administrative Assistant provides day to day support of the operations of Housing Choice and its ancillary programs.
- Greets visitors and provides information on programs
- Based on information received, provides the appropriate forms to landlords and clients
- Communicates with staff regarding appointments and walk-ins
- Collects documentation from visitors and disseminates to appropriate staff
- Maintains log of all visitors to East Baton Rouge Parish Housing Authority (EBRPHA)
- Provides front-line customer services
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail
- Serves as clerical support for staff within agency with various clerical tasks such as filing, copying, alphabetizing, organizing, etc.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for personnel in the main office
- In office setting
- Mobility and flexibility to walk, bend, kneel, lift, and reach to perform above duties as stated
- May operate various office equipment (such as copy machine, calculator) that requires no special knowledge or previous training
- Must poses a valid driver’s license
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required education and experience
- One to three years of experience in which clerical work and/or customer service was a major duty
Preferred education and experience