$17 per hour
We're looking for someone with grit and a can-do attitude to do all the behind the scenes work that keeps the night running smoothly. This is a part-time position but there is plenty of opportunity to grow with the company!
Primarily responsible for assisting the events team in washing dishes, pots, and pans. Responsible for the set-up, tear down, and cleaning of event spaces as directed by the Banquet Captain.
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values which represent the culture, attitude, and immediate priorities ensuring our cohesion and success.
- Having a positive attitude that no challenge is too great
- Understanding that goals worth pursuing are never easy; that perseverance, grit, and determination are essential to success
- There is no substitute for grit and putting in the time and effort. Good things will come from those efforts
- 10,000-hour rule. Malcom Gladwell: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to be great
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- Excellence is a lifelong pursuit and mastery is an illusion
- The joy is in the daily work and pursuit of excellence, not in the final destination
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best
- Treating every customer with the mindset that they are the business’s 1st ever customer
- Treating customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, friendliness; engaging, helpful and willing to offer a magical experience
- Clean facilities
- Being available to the customer and timely responses in any capacity
- This mindset extends to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees
- Never take the customer or employee for granted
- 362 and 59:59+ We are open to our customers 362 days a year and we set an unwavering standard of serving our customers up till the last closing second 59:59+ and beyond if needed.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work
- Engagement and active participation in your work and company activities
- Being a positive force in the workplace; creating a culture of positivity
- Extending common courtesy to self, employees, vendors, and guests
- Being an evangelist and promoter of the company and brand
- Assist Events Team in the setup of Event Spaces as directed by the Banquet Captain including, but not limited to, tables, chairs, utensils, glassware, décor, and barware.
- Assist Events Team in the tear down and clean up of event spaces after each event using designated equipment, materials, and procedures.
- Wash all dishes, pots, and pans after each event to ensure proper sanitary guidelines are maintained in the prep kitchen.
- Promptly stock prep kitchen with food items, utensils, dishes, and cookware before and during events.
- Empty and run trash from each event space and prep kitchen to designated waste area.
- Report to work in uniform at posted schedule times.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing production equipment, work surfaces, and kitchen (including storage areas and coolers).
- Ensure applicable kitchen/event space equipment are in proper working order prior to shift; communicate any maintenance, repair, or upkeep issues to Banquet Captain or Shift Leaders.
- Clarify assigned tasks with Banquet Captain or Shift Leaders.
- Complete closing duties before end of shift up to standards of Banquet Captain.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions independently.
- Ability to use all senses to ensure consistency and quality in food preparation and execution
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions
- Good organizational skills and verbal communication skills.
- Work habits include regular attendance, teamwork, initiative, dependability, positive attitude, and promptness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays