Looking for a meaningful job? Dreaming about integrating a team of passionate people? Seeking to tackle one of the biggest environmental issues of our time? This position is made for you!
TerraCycle seeks to hire a resourceful and driven person who likes challenges and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Retail Sales Manager will report to the Head of Retail.
TerraCycle Overview –
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is an innovative recycling company that has become a global leader in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts. TerraCycle partners with the world’s largest consumer brands and retailers (including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G, JDE, Carrefour, Tesco,…) to create new collection and recycling schemes for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. TerraCycle also works with large waste management companies, governments and consumers to develop joint innovative solutions.
Job Overview –
The Retail Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying and developing growth opportunities for Retail in North America, developing strategic plans based on the company goals to drive incremental profitable revenue growth, brand and retail partners profitable sales and recycling.
Primary Responsibilities –
· Lead all sales deals for Retailer-Driven Permanent Recycling and Retailer Take Back Programs
· Develop a pipeline and action plan to meet the Retail revenue objectives
· Leverage the insight-driven ideas created by TerraCycle Brand Engagement to develop meaningful Retailer-Driven and Retailer Take Back programs with clear reason why to purchase and recycle
· Build omnichannel home-to-store media campaigns with simple, intuitive and accessible way to recycle and take action in the programs
· Direct anniversaries of Retailer-Driven and Retailer Take Back programs in collaboration with Operations/Materials teams
· Build proposals driving Return On Investment (ROI) for TerraCycle, and brand / retail partners
· Recommend sales strategies for growth and improvement based on market analysis, and research and insights
· Perform other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of pertinent work experience.
- Substantial experience working in the CPG Industry and with Retailers.
- Outstanding skills to communicate, present and influence all levels of brands and retailers’ organizations, including senior executive level.
- Solid understanding of how to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Strong business acumen. problem solving, analytical, and planning skills.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment managing ambiguities.
- Exceling at prioritizing projects balancing long term strategy with practical realities.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and attention to details skills.
- Thrive in cross-functional organization and team building.
- Travel as needed (approx. 20-30%).
- Master’s degree in Business preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint & Excel.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude.
- Interpersonal and partnership building skills.
- An innovative mind with problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/waste business would be beneficial.
- Salary in line with experience.
- 22 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- On-site Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
- Casual and friendly work environment full of upcycled furniture and décor
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment