We are looking for a problem-solver with a proven track record and the ability to communicate finances at all levels of our business. As Controller, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and AR/AP operations of the PURIS Grains Team. You will manage the hedge account, grower and customer pricings on the Chicago Board of Trade, and Month-End close items needed for consolidated financials. Additionally, you'll lead the grower settlement sheet execution for soybeans and yellow field peas and maintain a grain dealers license in each state currently licensed.
PURIS offers competitive wages and immediate eligibility into the gainshare bonus potential program paid out quarterly! Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
The Controller must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
- Enter vendor invoices and ensure payables are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and barrowing bases
- Calculate and enter monthly sales invoices.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Execute vendor and supplier onboarding documentation
- Compile timely inventory figures and other info needed for month end close
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Reporting of outstanding and past due AR
- Reporting of cash position for PURIS Grains on a weekly basis
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1-2 years of Leadership experience preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience as determined by Human Resources
Skills and Capabilities:
- Reviewing and analyzing accounting data and reports
- Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Maintaining accurate accounting records, and actively identifying and reconciling errors
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Team player
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.