Purpose: To lead and oversee Meow Wolf’s technical show system architecture and to efficiently communicate and coordinate protocols between various technical disciplines.
Location: Santa Fe, NM.
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The Sr. Show Systems Architect is a dynamic leader in Meow Wolf’s fast-paced, creative environment, responsible for overseeing the exhibition’s show control and show technical architecture system. The goal is to map the show system architecture and seamlessly communicate and coordinate protocols between various technical disciplines to ultimately produce a successful exhibition that leads into a stellar guest experience. Disciplines within this architecture include those common to Show, such as lighting, audio, video, special effects, and show action equipment, as well as those more unique to Meow Wolf, such as our internal Platform Services Group.
The Sr. Show Systems Architect will coordinate with subject matter experts from each discipline, working to weave together all of the Exhibition’s communication needs and requirements into a cohesive structure. Strong communication skills and solid experience of show control systems are key for this role. The Sr. Show Systems Architect must also hold a robust understanding of various technical delivery systems, network protocols, and communication methods to be able to troubleshoot and drive development. Adaptability and an open-mindedness are essential to align with the ebbs and flows of each technical system’s designs.
You will bring cohesive show system structure and order to Meow Wolf exhibitions thereby elevating the guest experience.
How you will do it…
- The guidance and leadership provided will inform and dictate scopes exceeding $1m in Project Contracts.
- Document and map the show system architecture among all technical disciplines including lighting, audio, video, special effects, show action equipment, and Platform Services
- Optimize the overall design and implementation with each subject matter expert
- Review our processes and the control systems of each discipline for compliance with Creative delivery, operational need, and maintainability
- Step into existing projects to support handover
- Troubleshoot and effectively communicate procedures to teams
- Develop and drive processes for new projects and exhibitions
- Be an agent of progress, learning what makes Meow Wolf unique, while introducing your own experiences to create growth and development
- Communicate protocols clearly and seamlessly between the different technical divisions
To be successful in this role...
- You bring a minimum of 10 years of experience as a show system or show control designer/architect in the themed entertainment industry or experience working for a company that provides show control products or services
- You have experience incorporating operational and maintenance considerations into your solutions
- You hold basic knowledge and experience with immersive group entertainment and/or art curation
- You bring solid knowledge of the different technical areas including lighting, audio, video, special effects, show action equipment, interactives, etc.
- You come with strong knowledge of show control systems and platforms
- You are skilled in effectively conveying information and developing protocols with different technical delivery teams
- You are open minded to a DIY culture and amenable to the ebbs and flows of the show control architecture
- You bring patience and perseverance and will be able to serve as a teacher for the teams
- You are adept at receiving input and information from multiple parties
- You hold excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, organizational as well as creative thinking
Essential tools to set you up for success…
- You must possess an in-depth knowledge of core platforms and programs as they will be utilized on a daily basis: Google Suite, Microsoft Office and BlueBeam
- You must have a thorough understanding of the following Show control systems, languages, and related equipment, such as:
¦ Alcorn McBride ¦ Medialon ¦ Qsys ¦ PLC (Beckhoff) ¦ Arduino ¦ Teensy ¦ Screenberry ¦ Pandora’s Box ¦ OSC ¦ TouchDesigner ¦ Max/MSP ¦ Lua ¦ HTML5 ¦ CSS ¦ Python ¦ Java
Work environment and physical demands...
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm MT or 10 am to 6 pm MT – occasionally requiring flexibility to work during evenings or weekends based on business needs.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We will teach you the Meow Wolf way by...
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Meow Wolf's Immersiversity
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s purpose and corporate policies and training.
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new platforms?
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Self-motivated, self-managing, adaptable to changing needs and taking on new tasks, and receptive to receiving direction?
- Patient with yourself and with others, and able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with fellow human beings?
- Able to contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team and help keep the vibe alive?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during open enrollment are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of your total compensation package, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet your healthcare and financial needs along with many perks. Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.